Erasmus+ Blended Intensive Program
The BIP is a physical and virtual mobility program organized for students which is completed by a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation from higher education institutions from 3 different countries. The duration of the physical mobility period is a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 30 days from the start of the program. The physical part may take place in the country of the host partner institution.
The aim of the Blended Intensive Program is to ensure that the students get an opportunity to gain educational, linguistic and cultural experiences in a higher education institution in another country. The virtual part is an important component of the BIP. Online cooperative training can be realized in the form of group work, in which the students work on their tasks simultaneously in the virtual space. Students are obliged by the university, or by their respective faculty or department, to fulfill the specified minimum number of credits and other specified conditions during the program or, if there is no such rule, then they are required to obtain at least 3 credits.
Students engaged in the blended intensive program:
- Spend 5-30 days abroad
- Take part in an online program before and/or after physical mobility;
- Are not required to pay tuition fees in the host institution;
- Are actively enrolled at the home university, confirm their active student status, pay for any tuition at home and receive their scholarship amount for the duration of their stay abroad.
Countries included in the program:
Members of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Netherlands, Croatia, Ireland, (Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
Non-EU member states: United Kingdom*, North Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey
Eligibility Criteria for Participation:
- the student is a Hungarian citizen or is pursuing studies aimed at obtaining a diploma in a Hungarian higher education institution; travel abroad is possible at the earliest in the first year of higher education studies (for the application one completed semester is necessary)
- The student must be an active student in the faculty in which the mobility take place
- the diploma cannot be obtained before the end of the mobility period
- Student meets the other requirements as set by the faculty.
Students are instructed to inquire further details about partner institutes before starting their application process by emailing at erasmus.