Biology and Sport Biology PhD
- Duration of training: 8 semesters / 4 academic years (240 credits)
- Deadline of application: 31/May
- Starting date: 1/September (autumn intake only)
- Tuition Fee: 6000Euro/academic year (consists of 2 semesters)
- Non-refundable application fee: 140 Euro
- Head of the Doctoral School: Prof. Dr Róbert GÁBRIEL
- Secretary: Dr Marianna KOCSIS
The Doctoral School of Biology and Sports Biology of the University of Pécs conducts doctoral education duly accredited by HAC (Hungarian Accreditation Committee). The programme is aimed at proposing a doctoral (PhD) degree as the highest academic title in the field of biological sciences to be awarded within the course of the curriculum as well as by way of individual preparation.
Students are expected to attend compulsory courses, and laboratory practices, prepare publications and hold scientific presentations, but they even have the chance to impart their knowledge through teaching.
The research activity of the Doctoral School is divided into theme groups according to the relevant subject matter. Theme leaders of the respective groups are internationally renowned experts with continuous full employment with the University of Pécs. Research is mainly conducted in the following scientific fields:
Genetics, Microbiology, Regulatory Biology, Plant Biology, Ecology, and Sports Biology.
- Valid passport
- Finished MA/MSc diploma - a copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival)
- Finished BA/BSc diploma - a copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival)
- Certified (in English or with official translation) copy of transcripts
- Two letters of recommendations
- List of publications, if available
- Research plan (1-3 pages)
- Preliminary support letter (signed by the potential supervisor and head of the doctoral school)
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency – B2 intermediate level
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B, C) and HIV test, and results of Chest X-Ray
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 character